INTERNATIONAL ACCREDITATION FOR NURSING PROGRAM
2016 has been an exciting year of firsts for nursing programs at the William Light Institute (WLI).
Nursing Programs – exciting news
2016 has been an exciting year of firsts for nursing programs at the William Light Institute (WLI). Our Graduate Certificate in Wound Management (GCWM) was delivered under license by the the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Education Centre (ANMEC). The GCWM supports the health practitioner to develop expert skills and knowledge in wound management:
- Nationally recognised qualification
- Online training (mandatory clinical workshops with leading wound management experts)
- Training incorporates Australian Wound Management Associations’ Standards for Wound Management and utilises evidence
WLI also delivered its first Wound Management Resource Program, and was accredited with the Australian College of Nursing and the European Wound Management Association – you can read more about this below.
Watch closely for our upcoming Continuing Professional Development series, this will be launched early in 2017 with our industry supported wound management modules and certification.
WLI has entered a new era of nursing collaborations. 2017 promises to be just as exciting as 2016, as we forge ahead with plans to develop new Graduate Certificates and Graduate Diplomas.
Wound Management Resource Program
The William Light Institute has been busy developing and delivering its evidence based high quality nursing programs. The Australian College of Nursing (ACN) endorsed, Wound Management Resource Program, was also recently accredited with the European Wound Management Association (EWMA). Course assessors from EWMA recognised the world–class standards in WLI’s program with the following feedback:
‘The course is prepared in excellent way and could be a model for similar courses worldwide’.
The course was also delivered earlier in the year to the Institute for International Health Sciences (Sri- Lanka), with students providing excellent feedback – including the following testimonials
- Since I have never done any online course before, I did not know what to expect but I must say, this course really satisfied me with online learning as I could work at my own pace & I did not feel rushed, so I hope we could have more online programmes with you guys, Thank you very much.
- It was as expected, got very important information and it was a great experience of clinical practice.
- We learned a lot from the wound expert Skype sessions.
- Learning platform was really supportive and helpful during the learning days. Clinical based learning allowed us to get an idea of theory materials which was learned and could be applied on daily basis.
Below: Graduates with Dean, Dr. Nihal De Silva, Deputy Chairman, Dr. Kithsiri Edirisinghe and Academic Admin Manager Ms. Manisha Gunasekara